1. What’s on the Florida Drug and Alcohol Course (TLSAE)?
This is a required class for all new drivers who will learn about alcohol and substance abuse. There are six (6) chapters that each end with a 5-question chapter quiz and one (1) final exam with 40 questions. Visit our website for a list of online course topics.
2. What is the course like?
Our class is fully narrated with fun activities and videos to make it more interesting, enjoyable and memorable! Our virtual guide, Sam, will guide you through the course by reading each of the 6 chapters to you. You can sit back and relax through our stress-free course.
3. How do I study for it?
The Florida Drug and Alcohol Course is an actual online class, not just an exam. Therefore, the studying that will prepare you for the exam is already in the course itself. Simply follow along through all 6 chapters, then you will be prepared for the exam at the end.
4. Can I take the course online?
Yes! This course is available 100% online to anyone 14+ years old.
5. How long is the course?
The course is designed to be 4 hours. This is the state requirement. However, time can vary based on the students’ learning speed and how often they start/stop the course.
6. Do I have to take all 4 hours at once?
Nope! You can break up the 4 hours however you would like. There’s no need to rush through the material. If you stop the course, it will pick up right where you left off.
7. Is there a test?
Yes. There is a 40-question test at the end.
8. How many questions do I need to get right on the test?
You will need to get 32 questions correct to pass the test (80%).
9. What if I don’t pass the exam?
You can retake the exam as many times as you need to pass FOR FREE! You are guaranteed to pass.
10. What do I do after I pass the course?
Next, you will need to study for your permit exam. The Florida Drug and Alcohol Course is completely separate from the permit exam and study material from the course will not prepare you for the learners permit exam. We highly recommend that you study using our Florida Handbook Course and our Practice Test.
11. Is there a certificate of completion?
Yes. Your certificate will be available upon completion for free! This is for your own records. You do not have to bring a hard copy with you because we submit your completion automatically.
12. What are the different names for the Florida Drug and Alcohol Course?
The Drug and Alcohol course is also known as: the TLSAE (Traffic and Law Substance Abuse Education), the DATA Course (Drug Alcohol Traffic Awareness), the DATE Course (Drug Alcohol Traffic Education)
13. Are you guys approved by the DMV?
Yes! Too Cool Traffic School is 100% approved by the Florida DMV and by the state of Florida. See for yourself.
14. Is the Florida Drug and Alcohol Course available in Spanish? ¿Está el curso disponible en español?
15. I don’t have a Social Security Number (SSN). Can I still take the course?
Yes! You can use your I-94 number in the field where it asks for your non-alien registration number.
– For the TLSAE, the I-94 needs to be written without spaces. It’s 11 numbers. (ex. 00000000000)
– For the permit exam, you need to write the first 9 numbers, have a space, and then enter the last 2 numbers. (ex. 000000000 00)
16. What is the price of the course?
The price is $29.99. However, by purchasing our Teen Bundle or Adult Bundle, you can get everything you need to get your permit at the lowest price possible! Tax is included in the price and there are NO HIDDEN FEES! (Please note: Adults (18+ years) must take the permit test in-person at the DMV)
17. Will the Florida Drug and Alcohol Course help me prepare for the Learners Permit Exam?
No. This class has nothing to do with the permit exam. If you want the best preparation tools for the exam, consider taking our Florida Drivers Handbook Course and Practice Test.
18. How do I sign up?
19. My name is spelled wrong on my certificate/something is wrong with my certificate.
If your name is spelled wrong or there is something that is incorrect on your certificate, then there are two things you need to do:
1. Submit a ticket or give us a call so we can make the correction
2. Pay a $5.00 fee for a new certificate that will be submitted to the state
20. How can I schedule an appointment at the DMV to take the in-person knowledge exam or to get my learner’s permit issued?