Registration for foreigners without a social security number (SSN) / I-94
FLORIDA EXCLUSIVE: This information applies to foreigners and new residents who need to take the Florida Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Course, Learner's Permit Exam or Basic Driver Improvement Course in order to get their learner's permit or driver's license.
We can only accept the following numbers, for anything else the customer must go to the DMV.
- SSN is 9-9999 (dash required)
- DL/ID# is A999-999-99-999-9 (dashes required)
- Alien # found on I-551 (Permanent Resident Card/Green Card) is 000-000-000 (dashes required)
- Admissions # found on I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) Form is 000000000 00 (space before the last two digits)
If you get an error stating that your i-94 cannot have letters in it, and yours has an "A" please change the letter to a zero.
Example: 999999999 A9 should be entered as 999999999 09. If you still have problems, scroll to the bottom of this page to see the format the i-94 needs to be depending on if you are taking the TLSAE or the Learner's Permit Exam.
What is an I-94 number and how do you find it?
Your I-94 number is an important part of the arrival paperwork that you received when you came into the country.
1. The I-94 admissions number will contain 11 characters
2. The tenth character will be a letter value (For example: 999999999A9)
3. I-94’s that do not have a letter in them will still be valid until their expiration dates (“Admit Until Date”)
If you can't find your i94 in the paperwork that you received from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, you may be able to find it online
. If not, you will need to call the U.S. Customs and Border Protection so that they can help you find it.
Formatting the I-94 Number
- For the TLSAE: The I-94 needs to be written without spaces. It should be entered as 11 characters. (Example: 00000000000)
- For the Learner's Permit Exam, you need to write the first 9 characters, have a space, and then enter the last 2 numbers. (Example: 000000000 00)
How do I update my account registration details? (Citation number, Date of Birth, SSN, etc.)
When you are logged in, click "My Account" in the top right corner of the screen and then select "Edit Profile." On the next page, you can edit your email/password to login, date of birth and address. Then click "Save and Exit" when you are done ...
I logged in and can't find my course
I'm being prompted for personal details. If you made your payment for the course but didn't completely finish entering your personal details during the registration process, then when you first log in, it will prompt you to finish finalizing your ...
I am coming to the U.S. soon and need to get a license what do I need to do?
This is specifically for people who will be traveling to the U.S. but have not arrived yet. You need to have an i-94 or an alien registration number in order to apply for a learner's permit, driver's license, or take the Florida TLSAE or Knowledge ...
TLSAE Course FAQ's
1. What’s on the Florida Drug and Alcohol Course (TLSAE)? This is a required class for all new drivers who will learn about alcohol and substance abuse. There are six (6) chapters that each end with a 5-question chapter quiz and one (1) final exam ...
Registro para extranjeros sin número de seguro social (SSN) / I-94
EXCLUSIVO DE FLORIDA: Esta información se aplica a los extranjeros y nuevos residentes que necesitan tomar el Curso de Ley de Tráfico y Abuso de Sustancias de Florida, el Examen de Permiso de Aprendizaje o el Curso de Mejoramiento Básico de Conductor ...