Please read over the situations that could result in failing your Class E Knowledge Exam online.
1. Failed Too Many Questions
You need to get 40 out of 50 questions correct to pass the exam with an 80%. Once you move from one question to the next, you cannot go back to the previous question and change your answer. The FLHSMV system grades your answers as you go. If you fail too many questions where there is no longer any possibility of you scoring an 80%, you will be kicked out of the test with a failing grade.
2. Exceeded Time Limit / Timed Out
You have 60 minutes (1 hour) to answer 50 questions. If you reach the time limit before finishing the exam, your test will be timed out and counted as a failed exam.
3. Disconnected from the Test
If you leave the test once it has started (intentionally or accidentally), the FLHSMV has an automatic function in place to end the exam to prevent cheating.
Unfortunately, this means that you can be timed out of the exam during these situations:
- You close the browser window or tab that the test is in
- You open another tab or window in your browser
- You lose access to internet
- You lose electricity or your computer is unplugged
- You remain on a single test question for multiple minutes without advancing
If you are timed out, it still counts as one of your test attempts and a new test will need to be purchased and re-taken.