About the Course
1. Are you guys approved by the Ohio BMV?
Yes! Too Cool Traffic School is 100% approved by the Ohio BMV and the state of Ohio.
2. How long is the Ohio Abbreviated Adult Course?
The course is designed to be a minimum of four (4) hours. This is the state requirement for ALL traffic schools. However, time can vary based on the students’ learning speed and how often they start/stop the course.
3. Do I have to take the course all at once?
Nope! You can break up the 4 hours however you would like. There’s no need to rush through the material. If you stop the course, it will pick up right where you left off.
4. Is it okay to go over 4 hours?
Absolutely! We encourage it because the minimum time required is just 4 hours to complete the course. Anything time that goes over the 4 hours is just fine.
5. Is this an online course only? / Do you offer in-person training?
This course is 100% online. We are an online traffic school. We do not do any in-person classes or training.
6. What’s in the Ohio Abbreviated Adult Training Course?
This is a required Ohio Driver Training Course for all adults (18 years or older) who failed either the road portion or maneuverability portion (or both) with their driving test at the BMV. There are six (6) chapters with chapter quizzes at the end that are one (1) question each. There is one (1) final exam with 20 questions.
7. What’s the course like?
Our class is fully narrated with fun activities and videos to make it more interesting and enjoyable! Our virtual guide, Sam, will guide you through the course by reading each of the 6 chapters to you. You can sit back and relax through our stress-free course.
8. When can I start the course? / Is there a wait time?
If you have a Social Security Number (SSN) and have lived in the United States for at least 3 years, then 90% of the time you can start immediately. However, if the state cannot automatically verify your identity due to a lack of official documents in the state system, then you must complete the 2Cool Student Affidavit. See the “Student Affidavit Process
” for more information.
9. Is there a test?
Yes. There is a test at the end with 20 questions. You have three (3) attempts to pass. However, you must wait 24 hours between each attempt if you happen to fail. If you fail all three tries, then you will have to contact us to give you the course again and repeat the entire course from the beginning.
10. How many questions do I need to get right?
You will need to answer 15 questions correctly to pass (75%).
11. What if I don’t pass the test?
You have three (3) attempts to pass. However, you must wait 24 hours between each attempt if you happen to fail. If you fail all three tries, then you will have to contact us to give you the course again and repeat the entire course from the beginning.
12. I completed the course but it says I didn’t.
If you passed the final exam, but it says you haven’t completed the course then that means you have not spent at least 4 hours in the course. Please log back into your account and review the chapters until the time says 4:00:00.
13. Is there a certificate of completion?
Yes. We mail a hard copy of your certificate to your mailing address. Emailed copies and electronic versions are not permitted by Ohio state law. See the “Certificate Delivery
” section for more information.
14. What do I do after I pass the course?
Wait for your certificate to arrive! If you haven’t done so already, you will need to do the Behind-the-Wheel training portion. We do not offer this service. Click here
for more information.
15. Is this course available in Spanish?
Unfortunately, no. This course is not available in Spanish. However, we have had many students from out of the country use a translator (Google translate
or a bi-lingual friend/family member) without any problems.
16. What is the price of the course?
The price is $74.99 which includes FREE USPS shipping with a tracking number, audio, video AND your certificate!
17. How do I sign up?
18. I am having technical issues logging in.
If you’re having trouble logging into your account or other technical issues, please refer to our general support page
Student Affidavit Process
1. What is a Student Affidavit?
This is a form you need in order for us to verify your identity because the state system couldn’t verify you automatically. You can download and print the 2Cool Student Affidavit form here
2. Why do you have to verify my identity?
It tells us that you are who you say you are and that there’s no fraudulent behavior going on with your account.
3. Why do I need to fill out this form?
If you have not lived in the U.S. for at least 3 years and/or do not have a Social Security Number (SSN), then you will most likely have to fill out this form. You may also have to fill it out if the state system could not verify you automatically most likely because of a lack of official legal documents under your name in their system.
4. How do I fill this out?
You need to fill out the top portion with your information, then get it notarized at any bank or library near you for FREE. Take a picture of it on your smartphone and upload it to your account.
5. What is a notary stamp?
It’s a stamp that tells us an official notary has verified your identity. You can get this at any bank or library near you FOR FREE!
6. Where can I get the form notarized?
You can get it notarized at any bank near you for FREE! Some libraries also have notaries available.
7. I don’t have a scanner or fax machine. What do I do?
No problem! You can simply take a picture of it and upload the picture to your account. You can do this by taking a photo with a smartphone and logging into school.toocooltrafficschool.com/login
from your phone.
8. Who do I send it to?
Upload it to your account where it says “Upload Affidavit" next to your course.
9. Is this the same as the Twenty-Four Hour Affidavit that the BMV gave me?
This is completely different! The Twenty-Four Hour Affidavit is only for the Behind-the-Wheel training portion. You need the 2Cool Student Affidavit that can be found in PDF form in Step 1 when you try to enter your course, or click here
to download and print; then follow the rest of the steps on the affidavit page in your course.
1. Do you offer Behind-the-Wheel Training?
No. We are an online traffic school only. We do not offer Behind-the-Wheel training or any other in-person training. If you are looking for a behind-the-wheel option, here are state licensed schools in Ohio. Our favorites are marked with a ♥!
2. How much is Behind-the-Wheel Training?
You have two options:
- Option 1 (FREE): 24 hours of practice with a licensed driver who is 21 or older. Complete the 24-Hour Affidavit as proof of this training.
- Option 2: 4 hours with a licensed driving instructor at a driving school near you. Find one using the map in step 2.
3. How do I prove that I’ve done 24 hours of driving?
4. What do I take with me to the BMV for Behind-the-Wheel training?
If you’ve done 24 hours of practice with a licensed driver, then you will need to take the Twenty-Four Hour Affidavit form with you to the BMV. If you took 4 hours with a licensed driving instructor at a driving school, then you would bring whatever certificate the driving school gives you when you’ve completed it with them.
1. How do I sign up?
- Click here to get started;
- Select a shipping method;
- Enter login information (email and create a password);
- Enter student information (first and last name and a phone number);
- Select payment method (credit card, debit card or prepaid card);
- Mailing address (wherever you want us to send your certificate)
Please Note: Your Name, Date of Birth, and Certificate Address must be exactly as it appears on your permit. Otherwise, your certificate will be DENIED by the Ohio BMV and you will be forced to purchase and wait for another certificate.
2. Do I have to pay first before I can start the course?
Yes. You must use a debit card, credit card or prepaid card to pay.
3. I don’t have a debit card or credit card. What should I do?
You can purchase a prepaid debit card at a grocery store and use that to pay.
4. Can I break it up into two payments?
No. You must pay for the course entirely at once with one card.
5. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept credit cards, debit cards, and prepaid cards that are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
6. I don’t have an email address. Can I still sign up for the class?
Yes! However, we strongly encourage you to sign up with an email address so that you can receive your FREE certificate tracking number.
7. I entered my information wrong by accident. How do I change it?
You can update your information as needed on your own after you're done with the initial course and account setup.
To change your Name, Email, Password, DOB:
On the top of the screen, click "Account" and "Edit Profile".
To change your Address:
- Certificate Address - Must match the one on your permit
- Mailing Address - The location you want us to mail your certificate to
Locate "My Certificate Addresses" on the My Account Overview screen and click "Manage."
8. I forgot my password.
to return to the login page, then click on “Forgot Password” to enter your email address. There will be an email sent to you with a link to reset your password. If you do not see an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
9. Where’s my permit number?
Your permit number is located on Line 4B. It should have two (2) letters followed by six (6) numbers, no spaces. (Example: UX123456)
10. What’s the difference between certificate address and mailing address?
Your certificate address is the address shown on your permit. The mailing address is where you want us to send your certificate. These two addresses may or may not be the same.
1. When do you mail out the certificates?
Certificates are processed and mailed out every weekday (Mon-Fri), excluding holidays (New Year’s Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) at 11am.
2. How will I know when my certificate has been mailed out?
You will receive an email confirmation once your certificate has been mailed out. This email will have your tracking number in it. If you have completed the course but did not receive an email anytime between Monday through Friday, please make sure that you have spent at least 4 hours in the course before calling us.
3. What time do I have to get the course done if I want my certificate mailed out today?
We do not mail out certificates on Saturdays and Sundays. In order to have your certificate processed and mailed on the same day through USPS or FedEx, you must complete the course by 11:00 a.m. (M-F).
4. How long will it take for my certificate to get here?
The estimated time of delivery with FREE standard USPS shipping is 7-10 business days. However, the average delivery time is 3-5 days.
5. What if I need my certificate faster?
We offer expedited shipping through FedEx:
*Please note: FedEx does NOT deliver on weekends and does NOT deliver to P.O. Box mailing addresses.
- FedEx 3-Day (3rd Business Day by 4:30 PM) - $13.99
- FedEx 2-Day (2nd Business Day by 4:30 PM) - $15.99
- FedEx Overnight (Next Business Day by 3:00 PM) - $38.99
- FedEx Overnight (Next Business Day by 10:30 AM) - $42.99
FedEx guarantees delivery by these times if you live in a major metropolitan area. If you live in a more rural area, the delivery time may vary, but it will still be delivered on the correct day.
6. Can you email me my certificate?
Unfortunately, we cannot. It’s an Ohio state law that we must send you a hard copy. No electronic versions are allowed.
7. What’s the price for shipping?
We offer FREE USPS shipping with a tracking number. Prices for expedited shipping through FedEx are in the bulleted list in #4 above.
8. What is a tracking number? / Why is it so important?
A tracking number is the number we give you in an email after we send out your certificate. This number will track exactly where your certificate is at all times.
9. What do I do once I get my certificate?
You should complete the Behind-the-Wheel training if you haven’t done so already. See the “Behind-the-Wheel” section. Otherwise, take your certificate with you to the BMV and retake your driving test!
10. Where is my certificate?
You can find where your certificate is in the mailing process by plugging in your tracking number into Google. If you have trouble finding it, please contact the shipping method distributor that you chose:
USPS: 1 (800) 275-8777
FedEx: 1 (800) 463-3339
11. I never got my certificate / Something is wrong on my certificate.
Click "Certificates" under "My Certificates" and then click the "Request a New Certificate" and follow the prompts. You will need to pay a small fee, select a shipping method, and complete a small form so that we can process the request.
12. What if I entered the wrong mailing address and I find out that my package is being returned to you?
Once the tracking shows that a package is on its way back to us, FedEx and USPS generally will not re-direct packages and attempt to re-deliver. For expedited shipping — if shipping was already attempted and the certificate is being returned to us, we cannot provide a refund. Please refer to the question above and follow the steps to get a new certificate.
13. What exactly will be on my certificate?
Your certificate will show three things:
- First and last name (must be spelled exactly as it is on your permit)
- Date of Birth
- Address (must be the exact address that is on your permit, not the address where the certificate is being sent)
Personal Validation Questions
1. What are Personal Validation Questions (PVQ)?
PVQs are asked periodically throughout the course to verify that the person who enrolled is the same person that is taking the course and not someone else taking it for you.
2. HELP! I got locked out of the course because I answered too many PVQs wrong.
Unfortunately, this is a state requirement. If you were locked out of the course, you will be locked out for 24 hours. Once that time passes, you will be able to continue.
3. What if a question doesn’t apply to me?
If a question does not apply to you, simply put “N/A” as your answer. For example, if it asks for your middle name and you do not have a middle name then put “N/A” and choose “N/A” as your answer when you get asked that particular question.
4. How do I avoid getting these wrong?
You must remember the answers that you submitted. More importantly, answer truthfully. If you answer truthfully, then you avoid having to remember anything and avoid the risk of being locked out of the course.
5. How long do I have to answer a PVQ?
You have one (1) minute to answer a PVQ question.
6. How many Personal Validation Questions are there?
There are six (6) PVQs.
7. How many PVQs can I get wrong until it locks me out?
If you get one (1) PVQ wrong, it will ask you another question. If you fail to answer the second question correctly, then you will be locked out of the course.