About the Course
1. Are you guys approved by the Ohio BMV?
Yes! Too Cool Traffic School is 100% approved by the Ohio BMV and the state of Ohio.
2. How long is the Ohio Abbreviated Adult Course?
The course is designed to be a minimum of four (4) hours. This is the state requirement for ALL traffic schools. However, time can vary based on the students’ learning speed and how often they start/stop the course.
3. Do I have to take the course all at once?
Nope! You can break up the 4 hours however you would like. There’s no need to rush through the material. If you stop the course, it will pick up right where you left off.
4. Is it okay to go over 4 hours?
Absolutely! We encourage it because the minimum time required is just 4 hours to complete the course. Anything time that goes over the 4 hours is just fine.
5. Is this an online course only? / Do you offer in-person training?
This course is 100% online. We are an online traffic school. We do not do any in-person classes or training.
6. What’s in the Ohio Abbreviated Adult Training Course?
This is a required Ohio Driver Training Course for all adults (18 years or older) who failed either the road portion or maneuverability portion (or both) with their driving test at the BMV. There are six (6) chapters with chapter quizzes at the end that are one (1) question each. There is one (1) final exam with 20 questions.
7. What’s the course like?
Our class is fully narrated with fun activities and videos to make it more interesting and enjoyable! Our virtual guide, Sam, will guide you through the course by reading each of the 6 chapters to you. You can sit back and relax through our stress-free course.
8. When can I start the course? / Is there a wait time?
If you have a Social Security Number (SSN) and have lived in the United States for at least 3 years, then 90% of the time you can start immediately. However, if the state cannot automatically verify your identity due to a lack of official documents in the state system, then you must complete the 2Cool Student Affidavit. See the “Student Affidavit Process
” for more information.
9. Is there a test?
Yes. There is a test at the end with 20 questions. You have three (3) attempts to pass. However, you must wait 24 hours between each attempt if you happen to fail. If you fail all three tries, then you will have to contact us to give you the course again and repeat the entire course from the beginning.
10. How many questions do I need to get right?
You will need to answer 15 questions correctly to pass (75%).
11. What if I don’t pass the test?
You have three (3) attempts to pass. However, you must wait 24 hours between each attempt if you happen to fail. If you fail all three tries, then you will have to contact us to give you the course again and repeat the entire course from the beginning.
12. I completed the course but it says I didn’t.
If you passed the final exam, but it says you haven’t completed the course then that means you have not spent at least 4 hours in the course. Please log back into your account and review the chapters until the time says 4:00:00.
13. Is there a certificate of completion?
Yes. Once you finish the course, you can download and print your certificate by navigating to "Certificates" on your Account Dashboard.
14. What do I do after I pass the course?
Download and print your certificate. You will need to provide it to the BMV, along with proof of completing your behind-the-wheel requirements. If you haven’t done so already, you will need to do the Behind-the-Wheel training portion. We do not offer this service. Click here
for more information.
15. Is this course available in Spanish?
Unfortunately, no. This course is not available in Spanish. However, we have had many students from out of the country use a translator (Google translate
or a bi-lingual friend/family member) without any problems.
16. What is the price of the course?
The price is $74.99 which includes full narrated audio, interactive videos AND your downloadable certificate at the end of the course!
17. How do I sign up?
18. I am having technical issues logging in.
If you’re having trouble logging into your account or other technical issues, please refer to our general support page
Student Affidavit Process
1. What is a Student Affidavit?
This is a form you need in order for us to verify your identity because the state system couldn’t verify you automatically. You can download and print the 2Cool Student Affidavit form here
2. Why do you have to verify my identity?
It tells us that you are who you say you are and that there’s no fraudulent behavior going on with your account.
3. Why do I need to fill out this form?
If you have not lived in the U.S. for at least 3 years and/or do not have a Social Security Number (SSN), then you will most likely have to fill out this form. You may also have to fill it out if the state system could not verify you automatically most likely because of a lack of official legal documents under your name in their system.
4. How do I fill this out?
You need to fill out the top portion with your information, then get it notarized at any bank or library near you for FREE. Take a picture of it on your smartphone and upload it to your account.
5. What is a notary stamp?
It’s a stamp that tells us an official notary has verified your identity. You can get this at any bank or library near you FOR FREE!
6. Where can I get the form notarized?
You can get it notarized at any bank near you for FREE! Some libraries also have notaries available.
7. I don’t have a scanner or fax machine. What do I do?
No problem! You can simply take a picture of it and upload the picture to your account. You can do this by taking a photo with a smartphone and logging into school.toocooltrafficschool.com/login
from your phone.
8. Who do I send it to?
Upload it to your account where it says “Upload Affidavit" next to your course.
9. Is this the same as the Twenty-Four Hour Affidavit that the BMV gave me?
This is completely different! The Twenty-Four Hour Affidavit is only for the Behind-the-Wheel training portion. You need the 2Cool Student Affidavit that can be found in PDF form in Step 1 when you try to enter your course, or click here
to download and print; then follow the rest of the steps on the affidavit page in your course.
1. Do you offer Behind-the-Wheel Training?
No. We are an online traffic school only. We do not offer Behind-the-Wheel training or any other in-person training. If you are looking for a behind-the-wheel option, here are state licensed schools in Ohio. Our favorites are marked with a ♥!
2. How much is Behind-the-Wheel Training?
You have two options:
- Option 1 (FREE): 24 hours of practice with a licensed driver who is 21 or older. Complete the 24-Hour Affidavit as proof of this training.
- Option 2: 4 hours with a licensed driving instructor at a driving school near you. Find one using the map in step 2.
3. How do I prove that I’ve done 24 hours of driving?
4. What do I take with me to the BMV for Behind-the-Wheel training?
If you’ve done 24 hours of practice with a licensed driver, then you will need to take the Twenty-Four Hour Affidavit form with you to the BMV. If you took 4 hours with a licensed driving instructor at a driving school, then you would bring whatever certificate the driving school gives you when you’ve completed it with them.
1. How do I sign up?
- Click here to get started;
- Enter login information (email and create a password);
- Enter student information (first and last name and a phone number);
- Select payment method (credit card, debit card or prepaid card);
- Mailing address
Please Note: Your Name, Date of Birth, and Certificate Address must be exactly as it appears on your permit. Otherwise, your certificate will be DENIED by the Ohio BMV and you will be forced to purchase another certificate.
2. Do I have to pay first before I can start the course?
Yes. You must use a debit card, credit card or prepaid card to pay.
3. I don’t have a debit card or credit card. What should I do?
You can purchase a prepaid debit card at a grocery store and use that to pay.
4. Can I break it up into two payments?
No. You must pay for the course entirely at once with one card.
5. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept credit cards, debit cards, and prepaid cards that are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
6. I don’t have an email address. Can I still sign up for the class?
Yes! However, we strongly encourage you to sign up with an email address so that you don't miss out on important communication from us.
7. I entered my information wrong by accident. How do I change it?
You can update your information as needed on your own after you're done with the initial course and account setup.
To change your Name, Email, Password, DOB:
On the top of the screen, click "Account" and "Edit Profile".
To change your Address:
- Certificate Address - Must match the one on your permit
- Mailing Address - Your physical address
Locate "My Certificate Addresses" on the My Account Overview screen and click "Manage."
8. I forgot my password.
to return to the login page, then click on “Forgot Password” to enter your email address. There will be an email sent to you with a link to reset your password. If you do not see an email, please check your spam or junk folder.
9. Where’s my permit number?
Your permit number is located on Line 4B. It should have two (2) letters followed by six (6) numbers, no spaces. (Example: UX123456)
10. What’s the difference between certificate address and mailing address?
Your certificate address is the address shown on your permit. The mailing address is the physical address where you receive mail. These two addresses may or may not be the same. We will not be mailing anything to your mailing address, but this address is used during the verification process.
1. When will I get my certificates?
Certificates are available on your account immediately after completing the course. Click "Certificates" from your account dashboard to find and print your certificate.
2. How do I know if my course is complete?
When all of the requirements of your course have been met, you will be able to download your certificate. Under "My Courses" you will be able to see if you have reached 100% completion. If the course is completed, you can find your certificate by clicking "Launch Course" and seeing the full list of requirements that you have met, along with the link to download your certificate. You can also find the certificate by directly navigating to the "Certificates" screen on your account dashboard.
3. How long will it take for my certificate to be ready to download?
Certificates are usually available immediately after you have met the requirements. In the event that it does not appear immediately, please allow up to 15 minutes before reaching out to us.
4. Can you email me my certificate?
Since certificates are available on your account dashboard, we do not typically email certificates to students unless a support ticket is created which asks for it to be emailed.
5. What do I do once I get my certificate?
You should complete the Behind-the-Wheel training if you haven’t done so already. See the “Behind-the-Wheel” section. Otherwise, take your certificate with you to the BMV and retake your driving test!
6. Something is wrong on my certificate.
Click "Certificates" under "My Certificates" and then click the "Request a New Certificate" and follow the prompts. You will need to pay a small fee and complete a small form so that we can process the request.
7. What exactly will be on my certificate?
Your certificate will show three things:
- First and last name (must be spelled exactly as it is on your permit)
- Date of Birth
- Address (must be the exact address that is on your permit)
Personal Validation Questions
1. What are Personal Validation Questions (PVQ)?
PVQs are asked periodically throughout the course to verify that the person who enrolled is the same person that is taking the course and not someone else taking it for you.
2. HELP! I got locked out of the course because I answered too many PVQs wrong.
Unfortunately, this is a state requirement. If you were locked out of the course, you will be locked out for 24 hours. Once that time passes, you will be able to continue.
3. What if a question doesn’t apply to me?
If a question does not apply to you, simply put “N/A” as your answer. For example, if it asks for your middle name and you do not have a middle name then put “N/A” and choose “N/A” as your answer when you get asked that particular question.
4. How do I avoid getting these wrong?
You must remember the answers that you submitted. More importantly, answer truthfully. If you answer truthfully, then you avoid having to remember anything and avoid the risk of being locked out of the course.
5. How long do I have to answer a PVQ?
You have one (1) minute to answer a PVQ question.
6. How many Personal Validation Questions are there?
There are six (6) PVQs.
7. How many PVQs can I get wrong until it locks me out?
If you get one (1) PVQ wrong, it will ask you another question. If you fail to answer the second question correctly, then you will be locked out of the course.