Who is required to take the Ohio Adult Remedial Course?
This course is required to be taken if any of the following apply:
- You were court ordered to take remedial course and will not receive the 2 point credit.
- You are 19 years old or older but are taking the class because of a juvenile suspension that occurred before the age of 18.
- This course is required to be completed so that you are eligible to retain or have a driver license returned due to being under the age of 21 and operating a vehicle with a prohibited level of alcohol in the blood, breath and urine as provided in R.C. 4511.19 (b) or a substantially similar municipal ordinance.
- You are applying to the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to credit two points on your driving record in accordance with Section 4510.037 (c).
NOTE: You are not entitled to a two point credit if on this date the total points assessed against your record is less than 2 points or more than 11 points.
- This course has been completed as a requirement for being eligible to retain or have your driver license returned due to a twelve point suspension. Section 4510.038 (A)
What reason should I select for why I need the Adult Remedial Course?
If you have to complete the Ohio Adult Remedial course, you must select the correct reason in order for the BMV or court to accept the completion record. If you select the wrong reason, you will need to contact us for a replacement which involves ...
Ohio Adult Remedial Course FAQ's
About the Course 1. Are you guys approved by the Ohio BMV? Yes! We are the first online Adult Remedial Course available that has passed the strict requirements established by the BMV. 2. How long is the Ohio Adult Remedial Course? The course is ...
How do I pass the Ohio Abbreviated Adult Course?
OHIO EXCLUSIVE: This applies to any person who failed any portion of their driving test in Ohio and is taking the Abbreviated Adult Driver Training course so that they can retake their test at the BMV. You MUST spend at least 4 hours in the course. ...
Adult Remedial Program Eligibility
The adult remedial program is an 8-hour defensive driving program offered in either in a classroom setting or online start May 1, 2022. The course is taken for one of the following reasons: 2-Point Credit– if a driver has 2 to 11 points on their ...
My course expired, can I get an extension?
In very specific circumstances, the Ohio DPS will allow us to extend the time that students have to complete their 24hr Teen Driver's Ed or 4hr Abbreviated course. Course Expiration Rules: 24hr Driver's Ed Course - Expires 6 months after starting ...