What do I need to know about a suspended license in Ohio?
When you receive points on your driver’s license for a traffic violation, they remain on your record for two years.
- If you accumulate 12 points within 2 years, your license will be suspended for six months.
- You can appeal a suspension if you file the appeal before the suspension date starts. Once it starts, you won't be able to do anything else.
- You are required to complete Online Adult Remedial School before you can have your license reinstated.
Avoiding a License Suspension
If you have started to accumulate points on your license, you can use our Online Adult Remedial course to credit 2 points to your license.
- A remedial driving course can only credit 2 points to your license, not remove them.
- This means that your license will be suspended if you accumulate 14 points instead of 12.
- You can only take the course once every 3 years.
- You can only take the course 5 times in your lifetime.
I'm registering for the Ohio Remedial Course but do not have my license number.
You may not know what to enter if your license has been suspended or revoked for a long time. Please see below for how you can find it. Option 1: Enter your Ohio ID number. If you do not have a valid driver's license, you may still have a photo ID ...
How do I get a 2 point credit on my license?
Get a 2-Point Credit on Your License If you take a remedial course, this will give you a 2 point credit, but not remove any points from your record. This just means you will be able to accumulate 14 points instead of 12 before being placed under a ...
I got a letter saying that my license was going to be suspended
FLORIDA EXCLUSIVE: This applies to someone who took the Florida Basic Driver Improvement Course and received a letter from the FLHSMV stating that their license will be suspended because they did not complete their traffic school requirements. If you ...
How do I get my Ohio driver's license? (Teen)
OHIO EXCLUSIVE: This is for teens (15 years and 5 months - 17 years old) in Ohio that are getting their driver's license. Step 1: Complete the Education Requirements Enroll in the 24 hour Driver Ed Course (Age must be at least 15 years, 5 months) ...
How do I get my Ohio driver's license? (Adult)
OHIO EXCLUSIVE: This is for adults (18+ years old) in Ohio that are getting their driver's license. Step 1: Take the Temps Test As soon as you're ready, you can take the knowledge exam to get your Temps (TIPIC/Temporary Permit) at the BMV. To do ...