Adult Remedial Program Eligibility
The adult remedial program is an 8-hour defensive driving program offered in either in a classroom setting or online start May 1, 2022. The course is taken for one of the following reasons:
- 2-Point Credit– if a driver has 2 to 11 points on their license, this course may apply a 2-point credit. A 2-point credit allows a driver to receive 14 points before having their driver's license suspended. The credit is valid for three years and a driver may only take the course for this purpose five times in their lifetime.
- Court Ordered – not for credit. The driver was ordered by a court to take the remedial program and will not receive a 2-point credit. The certificate is sent to the court.
- Juvenile Suspension – The driver is 19 years of age or older and is taking the course because of a juvenile suspension that occurred before the age of 18.
- Suspension for OVI/OVUAC – The driver's license was suspended due to being under the age of 21 and under the influence of alcohol while operating a vehicle.
- 12-point suspension– The certificate is provided to the BMV as part of the requirements for being eligible to retain or have the driver's license returned due to a 12-point suspension.
Ohio Adult Remedial Course FAQ's
About the Course 1. Are you guys approved by the Ohio BMV? Yes! We are the first online Adult Remedial Course available that has passed the strict requirements established by the BMV. 2. How long is the Ohio Adult Remedial Course? The course is ...
How do I pass the Ohio Abbreviated Adult Course?
OHIO EXCLUSIVE: This applies to any person who failed any portion of their driving test in Ohio and is taking the Abbreviated Adult Driver Training course so that they can retake their test at the BMV. You MUST spend at least 4 hours in the course. ...
Can I get my Remedial Course for free through the BMV's Reinstatement Fee Amnesty Program?
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles has a driver license reinstatement fee debt reduction and amnesty program for people whose driver licenses are suspended for specific violations. Eligible drivers are automatically mailed a notice of enrollment in ...
Ohio Driver Training Certificates
Ohio Teen Drivers Ed/Driver Training Certificates (see below) STARTING MAY 1, 2022 pursuant 4501-7-01-H, you can now download your completion certificate on your account after completing your "Ohio 24 Hr Drivers Ed Online Course". Enrollment ...
How do I pass the Ohio 24hr Teen Driver's Ed course?
OHIO EXCLUSIVE: This applies to anyone under 18 in Ohio who is taking the 24 hour driver's ed course to meet their driver's license requirements. You MUST spend at least 24 hours in the course. The State of Ohio requires that you spend a minimum of ...