I completed the TLSAE a long time ago, do I have to take it again?

I completed the TLSAE a long time ago, do I have to take it again?

FLORIDA EXCLUSIVE: For people who have completed the TLSAE (also known as the Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Course or the Drug and Alcohol Course) in the past.

If you have taken and completed the TLSAE in the past, then the State of Florida will have the record of your completion and you won't need to retake it unless specifically told to do so by the DMV. If you are concerned, you should give them a call. However, if you have taken the Class E Knowledge Exam (also known as the learner's permit or driver's license exam) and wait a year or more before getting your Florida Learner's Permit or license, you will need to take the Class E Knowledge Exam again.

Unsure if you completed the course?
Take a look at the state records to see if you can proof of completion. If you don't see proof of completion, give your local DMV a call to verify. If you can't find proof that you took the course in it's entirety, then you will need to take the course. When looking for first time driver courses on the Traffic School Completion Check, search by date of birth and social security number or alien registration number.

Visit the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle's Traffic School Completion Check to see when you took the course.

    • Related Articles

    • TLSAE Course FAQ's

      1. What’s on the Florida Drug and Alcohol Course (TLSAE)? This is a required class for all new drivers who will learn about alcohol and substance abuse. There are six (6) chapters that each end with a 5-question chapter quiz and one (1) final exam ...
    • Can I get my course for free?

      2Cool Traffic School does not offer any of our courses for free, however, we remain extremely competitive with the market rates. There are, however, ways for you to get some of the courses you may need to meet your requirements for a free or reduced ...
    • How do I update my account registration details? (Citation number, Date of Birth, SSN, etc.)

      When you are logged in, click "My Account" in the top right corner of the screen and then select "Edit Profile." On the next page, you can edit your email/password to login, date of birth and address. Then click "Save and Exit" when you are done ...
    • I got a traffic ticket in Florida, can I take traffic school?

      FLORIDA EXCLUSIVE: This applies to anyone who received a traffic ticket in the State of Florida. Taking traffic school (the Florida Basic Driver Improvement Course) is optional, but is highly recommended if you are eligible. If you elect traffic ...
    • My course expired, can I get an extension?

      In very specific circumstances, the Ohio DPS will allow us to extend the time that students have to complete their 24hr Teen Driver's Ed or 4hr Abbreviated course.  Course Expiration Rules: 24hr Driver's Ed Course - Expires 6 months after starting ...