Can I get my course for free?

Can I get my course for free?

2Cool Traffic School does not offer any of our courses for free, however, we remain extremely competitive with the market rates. There are, however, ways for you to get some of the courses you may need to meet your requirements for a free or reduced cost.


TLSAE (Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Course)
    1. High School Students: If you are in high school, you can opt to take a semester of driver's ed online through Florida Virtual School. During the semester long experience, you will meet the TLSAE requirements for a learner's permit. If you only want to take the TLSAE course, our interactive, 4-hour program is only $29.99 and can be purchased here. 
    2. Teens in Foster Care: If you are in the foster care system, you can get reimbursed for your purchase of the TLSAE and Learner's Permit Exam from Keys to Independence. They can also assist with reimbursements for driving lessons and car insurance. 
    3. Low-Income / Immigrant Assistance: Florida Department of Children and Families, as well as other non-profit organizations offer assistance for training and education that is required for getting jobs. Having a driver's license is an important part of being able to reliably get to and from a job and may qualify under their programs.
Other Traffic Courses
If you have unique circumstances which make you unable to pay the fees involved with meeting your state requirements for your license, you may be able to connect with other non-profit organizations for assistance. 


24hr Driver's Ed / Abbreviated Adult Driver 
  1. If you are a part of a Workforce Job Program (for example:, you may qualify to have your fees covered for workforce readiness. 

    • Related Articles

    • Can I get my Remedial Course for free through the BMV's Reinstatement Fee Amnesty Program?

      The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles has a driver license reinstatement fee debt reduction and amnesty program for people whose driver licenses are suspended for specific violations. Eligible drivers are automatically mailed a notice of enrollment in ...
    • My course expired, can I get an extension?

      In very specific circumstances, the Ohio DPS will allow us to extend the time that students have to complete their 24hr Teen Driver's Ed or 4hr Abbreviated course.  Course Expiration Rules: 24hr Driver's Ed Course - Expires 6 months after starting ...
    • How do I pass the Ohio Abbreviated Adult Course?

      OHIO EXCLUSIVE: This applies to any person who failed any portion of their driving test in Ohio and is taking the Abbreviated Adult Driver Training course so that they can retake their test at the BMV. You MUST spend at least 4 hours in the course. ...
    • I'm locked out of my course

      Florida, Wisconsin or Tennessee Failed too many personal validation questions. If you fail too many personal validation questions (in some cases, as few as one), then you will be locked out of the course. You will need to call us and verify the ...
    • I logged in and can't find my course

      I'm being prompted for personal details. If you made your payment for the course but didn't completely finish entering your personal details during the registration process, then when you first log in, it will prompt you to finish finalizing your ...