1. I got a ticket and have to take the BDI Course. What do I do?
– Pay your ticket online here.
– Select “Attend traffic school”
– We will automatically notify the State of Florida of your completion
2. Are you guys approved by the Florida DMV to dismiss points?
Yes! Too Cool Traffic School is 100% approved by the Florida DMV and by the state of Florida.
3. Where can I pay my fine and elect traffic school?
You can pay your fine AND elect traffic school by finding the county you received your citation in by clicking here
4. Can I pay my ticket first and then elect traffic school later on?
No. If you want to elect traffic school, then you have to elect it at the same time as you pay your ticket.
5. Do I qualify for an insurance discount by taking this course?
By taking this course, your insurance rates won't go up if you received a traffic ticket. You will need to speak with your insurance agency to see if you can take a basic driver improvement course for car insurance discounts. Usually, insurance discounts are limited to the Mature Driver Course
6. Do you have any tips on how to choose a traffic school?
There are several things to consider when picking a traffic school, especially since there are many options available. A few things that you should consider before selecting a traffic school is location, price and reviews. Our program is completely online, we offer transparent pricing (no surprise fees at checkout, like other schools have!) and we have tons of great reviews you can read here
7. How do I prevent points from being assessed against my drivers license?
By taking a traffic course, of course! Driving school can prevent points from being assessed against you, which will also prevent your insurance from increasing, too.
8. How do I read my citation to find the citation number and date?
- County where the ticket was issued (top left corner)
- Citation number (top right corner)
- Date that the ticket was issued (4th row from top)
- Information about the violation and officer comments (marked with an “X”)
- Identifies whether the ticket is considered civil or criminal, and whether a court appearance is necessary (lower portion of citation)
11. I didn't get a traffic ticket, but I DID get a letter from the FLHSMV (the State of FL). Can I take your course?
Yes! If you received a letter from the state, then you can take the course. When you are asked to select a reason for the course, select "BDI for TCAC."
12. I don’t have a citation number because I got a letter from the state of Florida saying to take this course.
In place of the citation number during registration, you’ll need to type seven zeroes (0) in the following format: 0000000
Technical Problems / Course Completion
1. How will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you’ve spent at least 4 hours completing the course, you can download and print your certificate of completion FOR FREE. No waiting and no hidden fees!
2. Do I need to tell the DMV that I completed the course?
No. We automatically report your completion to the DMV. It can take between 24-72 hours before the DMV has updated their records to include your traffic school completion status.
3. HELP! I’m at the clerk’s office/DMV and they’re having a problem verifying my course completion.
If it has been longer than 72 hours since you downloaded your certificate of completion and your county clerk or local DMV is having trouble verifying course completion with the state, call us at (844) 602-1555.
4. My license is cancelled and I took BDI to reinstate it. How long do I have to wait?
In the event that your license is cancelled and you have completed the BDI, complete a driver's license check
to see if your license has already been automatically reinstated. If you just completed the course, try waiting an hour to see if it has been automatically reinstated. If not, you can call 850-617-2000 to have your completion status expedited. This is only applicable if your license is cancelled.
5. How do I submit my certificate of completion to the county clerk?
We automatically submit your completion to the State of Florida. All you need to do is wait! The county clerk’s office will pull from the state records and confirm that your course was completed within the time required. If you’d like to check on the status and make sure you don’t need to do anything else, you can give them a call 2-3 days after completing the course. County Clerk of Court Contact List
6. My name is spelled wrong on my certificate/something is wrong with my certificate.
If your name is spelled wrong or there is something that is incorrect on your certificate, then please reach out to us so we can make the payment and issue a new certificate to the state. Please keep in mind that there is a small fee you will need to pay in order for us to get you a new certificate.
How the Course Works
1. How long is the Florida Basic Driver Improvement Course?
Our course is a minimum of 4 hours as required by Florida law. However, since it is a self-paced course, some students may spend more time than that overall.
2. What’s in the BDI Course?
Our BDI course covers defensive driving skills in just 10 chapters. At the end of each chapter, there is a 5-question chapter quiz and one final test at the end with 40 multiple choice questions.
3. What’s the course like?
Our class is fully narrated with fun activities and videos to keep you engaged! Our virtual guide, Sam, will guide you through each of the chapters so that you can sit back and listen. No reading or special computer skills required! View our demo
4. Do I have to take all 4 hours at once?
Nope! You can break up the 4 hours however you would like. There’s no need to rush through the material. If you stop the course, it will pick up right where you left off.
5. When can I start the course?
You can start right after you signup and pay. Or you can purchase the course now and start later. It’s up to you!
6. Is there a test?
Yes. We guarantee that you will pass! There is a no-stress test at the end with 40 multiple choice questions. You can retake the final test for free until you pass!
7. How many questions do I need to get right?
You will need to get 32 questions out of 40 questions correct to pass (80%).
8. What if I don’t pass the test?
That’s perfectly okay! You can retake the test for free until you pass.
9. What do I do after I pass the course?
Technically, nothing. We automatically notify the state and the courthouse pulls the completion from the state records. If you want to check that everything is all set, you can give the courthouse a call 2-3 days after completing the course. County Clerk of Court Contact List
10. Is the course available in Spanish? (¿Está el curso disponible en español?)
11. What is the price of the course?
The price is $29.99 – check out our website for any promo codes available!
12. How do I sign up?